|The workshops are intended to provide information about:
· the impacts of climate variability and extremes
· how agencies and organizations have responded to recent extremes
· how they are planning for future events
We will start each workshop with an overview of recent extremes that have impacted the region, including the October 2015 heavy rainfall and flooding event, Hurricanes Matthew and Irma, and the drought and wildfires in fall of 2016.
The workshop will also include presentations from agency representatives.
Columbia presentations will include:
· Hurricanes, Droughts, Rain Bombs, and More
· An overview of recent extreme events affecting South Carolina
· How flashy is your flood risk?
· Understanding the SC Flood Mitigation Program
· After the Flood
· Revitalization of the SC Dam Safety Program
· From Too Much Water to Not Enough
· Water planning in South Carolina
· Catching Fire
· Wildfire risks, impacts, and management