Sponsored by the Lexington Soil and Water Conservation District
I - Grades 9-12
II - Grades 6-8
Deadline: April 15, 2021
***Only the winner in each division will be invited to the Annual Banquet***
All winning photos will be displayed or used in other ways at the Annual Recognition Banquet that will be held on May 6, 2021
1) Photos are to be taken in Lexington County, South Carolina between July 1, 2020 and April 10, 2021.
2) The photographer must reside in Lexington County. The photograph must be taken by the individual entering the contest. Enhancements of photographs is not allowed.
3) Photos must to contain the complete information listed below on the back of each photo or as an attachment to the digital photo to qualify:
Print clearly or type.
A. Photographer's name, address, city, state, zip code and phone number
B. Photographer‛s grade level and school
C. Category and title of photograph
D. Location where photo taken
E. Month/Date photo was taken
F. Subject - Name of each person in photo, if any
4) Electronic transmittals are preferred. Black and white or color hard copy photos only in the sizes of 4” x 6” or 5” x 7” will be accepted as well as . Framed or matted photos will not be accepted. ***Note: Pictures must represent the natural world and not be altered***
5) Each participant may enter only one photo in each category in the contest.
6) Photos will be judged on technical merit and composition. For technical merit, judges may check to see if the photo is well framed, properly exposed and sharp and clear. For composition, judges determine if the photo features a recognizable center of interest, action, imagination, and creativity.
7) All Photos become the property of the Lexington Soil and Water Conservation District who reserves the right to use all photographs in their publications, on their Website, and for conservation promotion purposes (with credit given). Participants should keep negatives or extra prints of their photos.
8) Entries must be received by Close of Business (4:30 p.m.) on April 15, 2021 at the Lexington Soil and Water Conservation District Office, 123 Park Road, Lexington, South Carolina 29072.
All participants will be notified through email about the status of their photo. Winners will receive invitations and be recognized at our Annual Recognition Banquet to be held on May 6, 2021 at T&S Farms, Leesville.
Please contact the Lexington Soil and Water Conservation District Office at 803-358-8688,
if you have any questions.