2020 Youth Photography Contest
Sponsored by the Lexington Soil and Water Conservation District
1. Landscapes - Sunsets, rivers, lakes, parks, pastures, and other impressive views may be the subject in this category.
2. Native Wildlife - This category includes any wildlife that is native to Lexington County. You can submit a photo of a deer in a field, a butterfly on a flower, a wild turkey in flight, a red cardinal in the snow, etc.
Domestic animals (cats, dogs, farm animals) and zoo animals are not accepted as native wildlife.
3. Rural Life - Photos of farm animals, crops in the field or on the table, people working in farm fields, farm equipment, old barns and buildings, are examples of what can be entered in this category.
4. Trees and Plants - Enter anything from a field of wildflowers to a gnarled oak tree to a branch of peach blossoms.
(Be Creative and Use Your Imagination!)
Divisions: I - Grades 9-12
II - Grades 6-8
Deadline: April 16, 2021
Awards: 1st place in each category in each division – certificate and $50
2nd place in each category in each division – certificate and $25 Honorable Mention — certificate and magazine subscription
***Only winner will be invited to the Annual Banquet***
All winning photos will be displayed on our Website,
and at the Annual Recognition Banquet that will be held on May 7, 2020
1) Photos are to be taken in Lexington County, South Carolina between July 1, 2020 and April 10, 2020.
2) The photographer must reside in Lexington County. The photograph must be taken by the individual entering the contest. Enhancements of photographs is not allowed.
3) Photos must to contain the complete information listed below on the back of each photo to qualify: Print clearly or type.
A. Photographer‛s name, address, city, state, zip code and phone number
B. Photographer‛s grade level and school
C. Category and title of photograph
D. Location where photo taken
E. Month/Date photo was taken
F. Subject - Name of each person in photo, if any
4) Black and white or color hard copy photos only in the sizes of 4” x 6” or 5” x 7” will be accepted
(no electronic transmittals). Framed or matted photos will not be accepted.
***Note: Pictures must represent the natural world and not be altered***
5) Each participant may enter only one photo in each category in the contest.
6) Photos will be judged on technical merit and composition. For technical merit, judges may check to see if the photo is well framed, properly exposed and sharp and clear. For composition, judges determine if the photo features a recognizable center of interest, action, imagination, and creativity.
7) All Photos become the property of the Lexington Soil and Water Conservation District who reserves the right to use all photographs in their publications, on their Web site, and for conservation promotion purposes (with credit line given). Participants should keep negatives or extra prints of their photos.
8) Entries must be received by Close of Business (4:30 p.m.) on April 3, 2020 at the Lexington Soil and Water Conservation District Office, 123 Park Road, Lexington, South Carolina 29072.
All participants will be notified through mail or email about the status of their photo. Winners will receive invitations and be recognized at our Annual Recognition Banquet to be held on May 7, 2020 at T&S Farms, Leesville.
Please contact the Lexington Soil and Water Conservation District Office at 803-358-8688,
if you have any questions or visit our website at http://www.lexswcd.org.